- 1 1/4 cup unbleached white flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 tablespoons frozen unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup ice cold water
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
For the Filling
- 2 cups fresh raspberries, washed and drained
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3 tablespoons almond meal
- fresh thyme
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon water
- To prepare crust, combine flour and salt in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse twice to combine. Add butter and pulse until mixture resembles coarse meal. Transfer mixture to a large bowl. In a smaller bowl, whisk together yogurt, water, and lemon juice, zest, and thyme. Pour over flour mixture and use hands or a wooden spoon to form dough into a ball. Wrap in plastic and store in freezer for 20 minutes.
- To prepare filling, gently toss raspberries with sugar, flour, almond meal until well coated.
- To assemble galette, preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- On a well floured surface, roll the chilled dough into a 12-inch circle, trimming edges until smooth. Transfer dough to lined baking sheet. Leaving a 2-inch border, spread the berry mixture evenly over dough. Sprinkle with a few leaves of thyme. Fold over the edges of dough, pleating to make it fit.
- Whisk together egg yolk and water. Brush over the crust and bake for 30 minutes or until berries are thick and bubbly and crust is golden brown.