This Raspberry Galette is the best possible way to showcase all the juicy flavors of a ripe raspberry! It’s a showstopper dessert recipe.
This Raspberry Galette had its beginnings at a local raspberry farm, Heidi’s Organic Raspberry Farm in Los Lunas, New Mexico.
The kids ate berries off the vines and filled their chubby little hands with fruit. Meanwhile , I plotted all of the ways I could use and preserve the ripe morsels in my kitchen.
As they filled their baskets in the hot morning sun, the kids learned a valuable lesson: Food tastes better when you work for it. There have never been sweeter berries than the ones they picked off those vines.
Many of the raspberries turned into jars of Raspberry Peach Jam and Raspberry Syrup. My favorite use of these hard earned berries, however, was this Raspberry Galette with Lemon Thyme Crust.
It didn’t last long.
The fresh raspberries, especially if you’ve picked them yourselves, really shine in a simple galette like this. The crust is my all time favorite galette crust recipe, flaky and crispy just the way it should be. This is going to be your favorite dessert this fall!
Raspberry Galette with Lemon Thyme Crust
- 1 1/4 cup unbleached white flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 tablespoons frozen unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup ice cold water
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
For the Filling
- 2 cups fresh raspberries, washed and drained
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3 tablespoons almond meal
- fresh thyme
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon water
- To prepare crust, combine flour and salt in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse twice to combine. Add butter and pulse until mixture resembles coarse meal. Transfer mixture to a large bowl. In a smaller bowl, whisk together yogurt, water, and lemon juice, zest, and thyme. Pour over flour mixture and use hands or a wooden spoon to form dough into a ball. Wrap in plastic and store in freezer for 20 minutes.
- To prepare filling, gently toss raspberries with sugar, flour, almond meal until well coated.
- To assemble galette, preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- On a well floured surface, roll the chilled dough into a 12-inch circle, trimming edges until smooth. Transfer dough to lined baking sheet. Leaving a 2-inch border, spread the berry mixture evenly over dough. Sprinkle with a few leaves of thyme. Fold over the edges of dough, pleating to make it fit.
- Whisk together egg yolk and water. Brush over the crust and bake for 30 minutes or until berries are thick and bubbly and crust is golden brown.
[…] galettes because they are as tasty as a pie without all the fuss. Soon I will have berries for this Raspberry Galette; in the meantime, we have decided that a cheesy galette is the best possible way to enjoy summer […]