I am in the process of finalizing our Thanksgiving menu. While we have some tried and true recipes that have earned their place in the traditional meal, I still like to experiment and add a few new dishes to the menu. This week I am testing recipes before I serve them to our holiday guests.
I recently received a copy of the limited-edition Philadelphia cookbook, Cooking with Pheeling, and it came just in time! It is full of delicious recipes ideal for holiday entertaining and weeknight meals. I knew just what to look for when I opened it.
One thing my family doesn’t have is a favorite sweet potato recipe on our holiday menu. Last year, I experimented and while I wouldn’t say our sweet potato tamales were terrible, no one was asking for seconds. This year, I tested a recipe from the new cookbook that is sure to be a winner!
- 2 large sweet potatoes (1.5 lbs)
- 2 oz. Philadelphia Cooking Creme, or Neufchatel Cheese
- 2 tablespoons fat free milk
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F
- Cut potatoes lengthwise in half; place, cut side down, in foil-lined pan. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until tender.
- Scoop out centers of potatoes into bowl, leaving 1/4-inch-thick shells. Add cooking creme, milk, sugar, and cinnamon to potato flesh, mash until well blended. (Note: The cooking creme is creamier than cream cheese/Neufchatel and easier to measure, mix, and melt).
- Fill shells with potato mixture, top with nuts. Bake 8 minutes or until potatoes are heated through and nuts are toasted.
$50 Sams Club Gift Card (one winner) + A free limited-edition Philadelphia Cookbook for everyone!
(Kraft foods is providing the prizes for this program at no cost to me. This program is not administered or sponsored by Kraft foods or its affiliates, but solely by Some the Wiser.)
To get your copy of the Philadelphia Cookbook, “Cooking with Pheeling,” head to Sam’s Club where it is exclusively available this weekend (Friday, November 18th and Saturday, November 19th) . You can pick up your own free copy of the cookbook and also sample a dish made with Philadelphia’s new cooking creme. Find the Sam’s Club nearest you with this link.
Enter the Giveaway
- Leave a comment and tell me what your favorite holiday dish is.
- Contest ends November 22, 2011 at 11:59 p.m. EST.
- Contest open to US states only.
- Winner will be chosen via Random.org and will have 3 days to respond before disqualified and a new winner chosen.
An additional entry can be earned by doing one of the following, giving you a total of two entries. Leave a seperate comment for each of your entries.
- “Like” Philadelphia Cream Cheese on Facebook.
- Follow Philadelphia Cream Cheese on Twitter and retweet this giveaway.
I am one of the bloggers selected by Kraft Foods and Sam’s Club to participate in the Kraft Foods and Sam’s Club Philadelphia Cooking Creme launch at Sam’s Club. While I have been compensated for my time and grocery costs, my opinions are my own and I have not been paid to post positive comments.