I do have a tendency to get a little too excited about tasty food, but these Hazelnut Green Beans with Blue Cheese had everyone at the table bobbing their heads and mumbling a lot of mmm’s and ooh’s as they disappeared from plates. They really are delicious.
It helps to have fresh garden picked green beans, but the real secret ingredient in this recipe is the oil. Until recently, I had never used Hazelnut Oil, but it has now become a permanent member of my pantry staples. This oil is seriously good stuff!
They did, however, have to spend a little time playing clean up crew after lunch to find the many nut shells that ended up all over the kitchen (seriously, ALL OVER the kitchen – shells were flying everywhere!). They ate all their vegetables though, so no complaints from me.
- 1 pound fresh French Beans, washed and trimmed
- 3 tablespoons Hazelnut Oil
- ½ cup hazelnuts, chopped
- ½ cup blue cheese, crumbled
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large skillet, bring 2 cups of water to a boil. Add the green beans and blanch, cooking for about 5 minutes. Beans should be bright green and crisp. Drain beans and place in ice water to cool for about 5 minutes. Drain again and place in a large bowl.
- Toss beans with the oil until evenly coated. Gently stir in nuts and cheese, then season to taste with salt and pepper. Enjoy.
I received a complimentary bottle of Hazelnut Oil from Huilerie Emile Noel to test. All opinions are my own.