With a new baby and a new school year, we are still trying to find our family rhythm. Having survived the first few weeks of back-to-school craziness, I’ve been looking for a way to put a smile on the kids’ faces. These Easy Ice Cream Truffles were the perfect after school surprise. Ice Cream with Colorful Sprinkles, a pretty special treat at our house, is a guaranteed reason to smile for my little ones!
I have four really adorable reasons to smile, which is why I was also excited to partner with The Motherhood and Dreyer’s to help Dreyer’s gift 500 life-changing surgeries to children with cleft lip and cleft palate through Operation Smile as part of their Reason to Smile campaign.
These Ice Cream Truffles were such a simple, quick way to involve the kids in a special family activity. I met them after school with a pan of frozen ice cream balls and a tray of fun toppings, including popped Amaranth, sweetened baking cocoa, and colorful sprinkles of course!
We had a delicious Ice Cream Treat in 3 simple steps! Dreyer’s is making it just as simple to help children in need through Operation Smile.
To help kids in need of cleft lip and cleft palate surgeries, visit the Dreyer’s Facebook Page and share a photo with #ReasonToSmile in the caption. Each upload will count towards a donation to a child in need. So simple, and yet so important for 500 kids in need!
Check out my #ReasonToSmile here and then add your own!
It’s just as easy to pull together a fun family activity too! Ice Cream + Sprinkles = A Tasty Good Time, and I have three little girls here who will totally back me up on that. For even more family fun ideas, check out Dreyer’s new Pinterest Page.
- 1.5 quart Dreyer"s Vanilla Bean Grand Ice Cream
- popped amaranth
- candy sprinkles
- shredded coconut
- sweetened baking cocoa
- chocolate covered toffee bits
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place in freezer for 15 minutes.
- Using a small cookie scoop with spring action release, scoop ice cream balls onto the chilled, lined baking sheet. When you have 24 balls, return to the freezer for 30 minutes
- Working quickly, roll balls in the toppings, gently pressing the toppings into the ice cream. Eat immediately or return to freezer until ready to serve.
This blog post is part of a paid The Motherhood and Dreyer’s blogging program. The opinions and ideas expressed here are my own.