This Creamy Pear Smoothie is a quick, easy, healthy snack or breakfast. The cashews not only add to the creaminess, but they make it so filling!
I can’t let January pass by without telling you about my latest smoothie obsession. It happens every year. It goes something like this:
- Eat all the pies.
- Eat all the cookies.
- Eat all the green stuff.
So, here we are. It’s the month of green smoothies. My favorite so far has been this Creamy Pear Smoothie with Cashews. It’s quick, easy, and healthy. Best of all, it keeps me satisfied for hours. Thank you cashews.
I adapted this pear smoothie from my very favorite green smoothie book. (I wrote about it here – check it out). It’s been a winner with the whole family. Sadly, my kids can be pretty picky when it comes to green smoothies, but this one they like.
Pear Smoothie Notes
I personally enjoy this particular smoothie at room temperature. When it’s 19 degrees outside in January, starting the day off with something frozen isn’t very appealing to me. However, if a warm smoothie isn’t your thing, you could easily make this ahead and chill it first.
Also, the original recipe has you soak the cashews and dates for hours in advance. But . . . I never remember to do this. Instead, I just throw everything into my Blendtec and blend it twice until it’s perfectly smooth and creamy. So far, it works beautifully.
- 2 cups cashew milk (or coconut milk)
- 2 generous handfuls of spinach (or a blend of spinach and kale)
- 2 ripe pears, cut in half (I don't even core them)
- 3 to 4 medjool dates, pitted
- ½ cup raw, unsalted cashews
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Combine ingredients in a high powered blender ( I use a Blendtec) and blend until perfectly smooth. See notes in post above on making the smoothie extra creamy. If you are not using a high powered blender, you may want to soak your dates and cashews in advance.
- Optional - sprinkle with raw oats and a pinch of cinnamon