Chunky Pumpkin Granola is a delicious way to satisfy your pumpkin cravings (and a whole lot healthier than a slice of pie!)
Friends! I present this Chunky Pumpkin Granola to you as the perfect Thanksgiving Day breakfast recipe. Let me make my case:
First, you have to eat breakfast on Thanksgiving Day. If you don’t then your sad, hungry stomach will be too shriveled up at feasting time and you won’t have enough room in it for all those mashed potatoes you’ll want to eat.
Second, even though you have to eat breakfast, you don’t want to eat too much breakfast. A few hours before a big feast is not the time for stacks of pancakes and piles of bacon. Remember all the cranberry sauce and stuffing you’re trying to save room for?
Third, you have an entire feast to prepare so breakfast needs to be about as easy as a bowl of cold cereal . . . but it’s a holiday, so let’s make it a special bowl of cold cereal.
That’s where this Chunky Pumpkin Granola comes in.
It’s the perfect Thanksgiving Day breakfast because it’s quick and easy. You can make it ahead of time, and you really only need to spend about 15 minutes preparing it.
It’s healthy, lightly sweetened and full of nuts and oats. It’s filling without being heavy, so there will be plenty of room for all that turkey business later.
And it’s delicious! The pumpkin puree and spices will whet your appetite for the pie you’re going to be eating later in the day.
This is so much better than a bowl of cereal on the big day, but almost as easy. It’s really a simple, but festive T-day breakfast.
Have I convinced you yet?
Of course, you don’t have to wait for Thanksgiving to enjoy this. I’m a huge granola fan all the time!
Because it’s a chunky granola, it’s easy to snack on. It tastes great over yogurt, served with milk, sprinkled over a smoothie bowl, and even as a delicious topping over a bowl of vanilla ice cream.
Chunky Pumpkin Granola is full of all the best autumn flavors and spices, but without the guilt of a slice of pie, or one too many pumpkin cookies.
This is what I’m eating for breakfast Thursday . . . and likely every day for the rest of the month. I do love a good bowl of chunky granola!
If you enjoyed this Chunky Pumpkin Pie Granola Recipe, you may also like:
- Easiest Grain Free Cold Cereal
- Salted Dark Chocolate Granola
- Healthy Chai Spiced Sweet Potato Granola
- 5 cups rolled oats
- 2 cups raw pecans, coarsely chopped
- ½ cup raw pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- ⅓ cup pure maple syrup
- ⅓ cup pumpkin puree
- ½ cup coconut or vegetable oil, room temperature
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine nuts, seeds, and oats and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine all remaining ingredients. Whisk until smooth and well combined. Pour liquid mixture over oats and stir well, making sure oat mixture is evenly coated.
- Pour mixture onto parchment lined baking sheet. Using a spatula, press granola into the pan. Make sure granola is pressed tightly and evenly into the baking sheet. Bake at 325 degrees Fahrenheit for approximately 40 minutes, or until lightly golden brown. Rotate pan halfway through baking time. For chunky granola, do not stir.
- Cool completely before stirring. When cooled, break into chunks as desired. Store in airtight container for up to a week. Makes approximately 10 cups.