These Walkie Talkies are easily the best thing I’ve purchased this year! This new toy is keeping my kids busy and they’re having so much creative fun!
While we are a family of homebodies, we’re not used to spending quite this much time at home! With so many of our usual summer activities off limits this year, we’ve had to get creative. These Walkie Talkies (affiliate link) have really been a life saver.
They come as a set of three (Pink, Blue, and Green) with a set of rechargeable batteries for each walkie talkie. The price seems to be going up and down on Amazon – I bought them for $39. They have been worth every penny though!
They’re keeping the kids entertained at home, in the backyard, and on hikes up the mountain. It turns out there are a million creative games kids can play with a set of walkie talkies!
Walkie Talkie Features:
- Rechargeable batteries and auto-power saving feature. The kids used these everyday for almost 2 weeks before we needed to recharge them. The charger that comes with it will charge all three walkie talkies at the same time.
- HD sound and adjustable volume. Honestly, I don’t really know what to expect from “HD sound” but they sound fine to me. Even at a 1/2 mile away from each other, the sound comes through loud and clear. I do wish the lowest volume was a little lower, but it’s a small complaint.
- Long distance transmission. They claim transmission is up to 3 miles in neighborhoods. We’ve tested that and around here, with all the interference, it’s more like 1 mile. But, in the mountains it’s a much farther transmission.
- Privacy channels. The morning after we got the walkie talkies, I woke up to a man yelling in Spanish. We quickly figured out the privacy codes and we haven’t had any further problems with interference at all. There’s also a way to lock this so that once you set the channels and privacy, the kids can’t mess with it.
- Built in flashlight. The kids love this feature!
- Detachable Lanyard. They also have clip to attach it to your belt or pocket, but my kids prefer wearing the lanyard around their necks.
- Durability. My kids, ages 6 to 12, aren’t easy on these things and yet they look brand new. I’m very impressed with how they’re holding up!
All in all, we definitely recommend these walkie talkies! If you’re looking for a way to inspire some creative play at home, these have been the key to so much fun at our house. They are the best walkie talkies for kids. Just put them away at bed time ( I learned that one the hard way – ha!).
If you liked this post about Walkie Talkies for Kids, you may also enjoy these posts: