- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs, about 7 to 8 oz each, cut in bite size pieces
- 10 oz fresh baby spinach leaves
- 1 can medium black olives, drained and sliced, reserve juices
- 1 cup blue cheese crumbles
- salt and pepper
- 1 loaf of crusty bread
- Place prepared spinach in a large serving bowl. Set aside.
- In large skillet, saute onion in 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium heat until soft and translucent. Remove onions and set aside. Heat remaining tablespoon of olive oil and add chicken pieces. Cook chicken for approximately 5 to 7 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Return the onions to the pan with the chicken and stir in the olives and olive juice. Heat over medium high heat until liquid begins to boil. Remove from heat and pour chicken mixture over the spinach and toss until spinach is warm and soft. Sprinkle with blue cheese and serve with a side of crusty bread, which is delicious when dipped in the warm juices. Serve immediately. Approximately 4 dinner servings, or 8 appetizer servings.