Oh the weather outside is frightful, so a bowl of the Easiest Chicken Noodle Soup is what’s for dinner. Ready in 20 minutes if you have a rotisserie chicken, in 30 if you don’t.
This Easiest Chicken Noodle Soup is dinner in a hurry. It’s warm and hearty, but so very quick. Especially over the next week and a half, with holiday preparations and all the cooking we’re gearing up for, this is the perfect easy dinner.
It’s so easy, especially when you are overwhelmingly busy, to fall into the trap of : I don’t have time to make dinner. Believe me, I know. The people at Papa Murphy’s Pizza down the street know me by name and ask after the kids because I’ve let the I-don’t-have-time-for-dinner excuse get the better of me far too many times. Single mother of four here, right.
This soup, however, really and truly is the Easiest Chicken Noodle Soup. Even if you don’t have a rotisserie chicken, it only takes a few minutes to cut up a chicken breast and cook it. If you have a rotisserie chicken, well, it’s going to take longer to go pick up the pizza than it is to get this chicken soup on the table. The bonus part is, of course, that you’ll feel really good about yourself for making such a healthy, delicious homemade soup.
Get your dinner on!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups water
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2½ cups whole wheat rotini
- 2½ cups cooked chicken, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- a sprinkling of fresh or dried parsley
- In a large pot, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the chopped onion, celery, and carrot. Saute for 5 minutes. Add the liquid and pasta. Bring to a boil.
- Add in the chicken and cook for 7 to 8 minutes, or until pasta is al dente. Remove from heat. Add parsley and adjust seasonings to taste.